A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Sports Nostalgia

As you know I am a fan of sportswear or rather I am a fan of sportsluxe, streetstyle sportswear mixed with unconventional fashion garments. A 1970s Adidas Classic t-shirt worn with a 1950s circle skirt, Northern Soul stylee or Sports Goth'd up with a long black maxi skirt and American Apparel sports socks. Whatever happens you won't find No Debutante in a full on tracksuit and trainers ensemble, although if Lazy Oafs designed one....???? Never say never!

Today's post is about sports styling from the 1970s and 80s, I wore these bold graphic printed skinny sports zip up jackets and Adidas style tops and silky short shorts as a little kid (I was a child of the 80s) and then had a bit of a nostalgia moment with it as a teenager in the 1990s indie / Brit pop years circa 93-95 with the return of the Adidas classics and low top trainers like Puma States and Adidas Gazelles. I had a few years off the Old School sports style (as it was known in the fashion magazines of the time) but now I am all over it after finding all of my old hoarded 90s clothes in the loft at the beginning of the year and unveiling many Adidas Classic gems - keep hoarding people it pays off!!! I have a 'My Nineties wardrobe' post that will follow this blog post, I have been holding it back for a while for no good reason but it shall be revealed over the next week or so. Those who follow me on Instagram can find a few images from the shoot on the No Debutante Instagallery

It is not just me that has fallen back in love with Retro Sports as I browse through endless collections and Pinterest I realised I have ended up with a load of blog worthy images to share featuring bright coloured vintage Adidas t-shirts and jackets from 'My Nineties Wardrobe' plus a few images of my Pharrell Williams X Adidas tops purchased from Urban Outfitters. There are so much reworked unisex Adidas Classics currently available at Urban Outfitters they really have got it and run with it this year!
Chloe's SS 2016 collection has an array of vintage inspired sports zips up and contrast trim vests which look great (and very up No Debutante's street) worn with flowing grunge maxi skirts.
Fred Perry has brought it's '80s Casuals' inspired styling back with two tone graphic skinny zip up jackets and towelling graphic stripe polo shirts which I just love!
Topman had a brief encounter with retro sports with it's Northern Soul inspired AW15 menswear range which unfortunately is not reflected in it's High Street stores this season.
I had to include images from the Anya Hindemarch SS 2016 collection. I fell in love with it instantly, it was the Gym club inspired graphic print leotards that caught my eye and take me back to the days of school gym clubs and Majorettes during the 1980s where the two tone graphic leotard was the item of choice! I want them all!! 
Lastly, I had to share the mens footwear image sourced from the brilliant Fashiongrunge blog, No Debutante loves the low top vans, white long sports socks and half mast wide leg jeans, a look that will scare many but is a nostalgic nineties dream to me!

  My Adidas Original



 Chloe SS 2016

 Fred Perry AW 2015



 My Adidas Originals Kids jacket
 Adidas Originals at Urban Outfitters & Topmans AW 15 Northern Soul collection

 Anya Hindemarch SS 2016


 Pharrell Williams X Adidas


All images courtesy of No Debutante, Fashiongrunge.com, urbanoutfitters.com, fredperry.com, anyahindemarch.com, vogue.com, blog.urbanoutfitters.co.uk, instagram.com/toni_fys, pinterest.com/nodebutante/
Apologies if I have missed anybody out, give me a nudge and I will be happy to add a credit for your image! 

 
If you are interested in collaborating with No Debutante please contact me / send me a message on any of the following social networking platforms all under the No Debutante name #nodebutante

Keep up with No Debutante's OOTD posts, collabs and current fashion obsessions posted daily on all of the following. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Google +, Pinterest. All under the No Debutante name.

ND xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...