A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Monday 3 August 2015

Smock Around The Clock

No Debutante loves smock dresses! My smocks have to be short, cute and voluminous, I want to look like a dolly when I am wearing them, a Harajuku Lolita mixed with 1960s baby doll, Smocks Rock! 
Anybody who follows me on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr (you don't? Follow me now please!) will see my daily OOTD pics and there probably isn't a week that goes by that I don't wear a Smock dress. Dressed up with heels or down with trainers, a smock dress is perfect for any occasion. Don't be afraid of a voluminous shape and if you are worried about the length layer your smocks over jeans or shorts.

In today's post I have many versions of how I have worn two particular Smock dress favourites of mine lately. The polka dot blue smock is from The White Pepper and the gingham smock is from Topshop. These are both from last summer but The White Pepper still love a smock dress and always have lovely new versions with each season, check out the sailor and Dinosaur print versions in the current summer collections. Lazy Oafs also love a smock dress and I currently have my eye on a particular gem from their summer range, Lazy Oafs are more Wacky than the more wearable and beautiful White Pepper, with their controversial slogans and humorously placed embroideries, which I love, both create beautiful clothes in shapes and silhouettes that the high street can only covet! Topshop seemed to have had a short affair with the smock dress possibly influenced by The White Pepper and Lazy Oafs but I do love this gingham dress so the Topshop fling with Smock dresses seems to have paid off, for me anyway!

Here's how I have worn mine lately, dressed up or down No Debutante style xx















All clothing from The White Pepper, Topshop, Converse, Juju Jellies and Primark.
All styling and Photography by No Debutante.

Thanks for following fashionistas. Don't forget to let me know what you think of the No Debutante blog and follow #nodebutante on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest.

 ND xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...