A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Thursday 19 February 2015

Modern Vintage Belle

I knew I had worn a few Modern Vintage items lately so when I started to compile the collection of images for this post I found all but one of my recent Modern Vintage outfits included vintage cut jeans. There are two pairs of jeans in question today the first being my Freddies Of Pinewood 1940s jeans and the second are the old faithful Vivien of Holloway 1950s lovelies. 

You must always wear your vintage jeans turned up at the hem and the higher the turn up the better for a true vintage look. I always like to mix my vintage styling with contemporary items and generally any other era inspiration I can get my modern vintage hands on. I love to mix and match styles and I am general happy with the results of my little fashion experiments. Plus Freddies Of Pinewood liked my modern vintage pics on Instagram which will always brighten my day!

Today I have mixed skate and surf style t-shirts and grunge styling with vintage cut jeans for a fresh take on modern vintage. I am loving the half mast trouser look at the moment so these Freddies 1940s jeans are right up my street and bang on trend for this spring summer where wide legged, cropped trousers and culottes are going to be massive! They are already all over the catwalks and appearing in street style social networking images and have started filtering into the high street too. I reckon every shop must have at least one pair of culottes in at the moment. I will be interested to see if, like dungarees and tapered jeans, it takes a few seasons for the general mass consumer to accept a pair of culottes or wide leg trousers into their wardrobes or if this look really will be the big thing this summer?? What do you think? Will you be buying a pair of culottes this season or are you just a happy bystander of the trend??








All clothing from Freddies of Pinewood, Vivien of Holloway, Topshop, H&M, Primark and Office shoes.

Thanks for following fashionistas. Don't forget to let me know what you think of the No Debutante blog and follow No Debutante on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest.

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...