A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Modern Vintage Mermaid

Hi Fashionistas. It's been the usual story of me being ridiculously busy with life but I have found the time (whilst wadding through a sea of Christmas decorations and loft conversion madness) to get a quick blog post up to show you one of my outfits from the past week. 

Although I am a fickle fashionista who jumps from one look to another without a care, I generally have certain styles I come back to again and again and the beauty of a vintage look is that it doesn't go out of style as it's already vintage. I always adapt my vintage looks to contemporary ones and mix and match up old with new, a look that is known as Modern Vintage. The great thing about Modern Vintage is that it moves on with each (fashion) season and this is certainly how my style works and transforms, keeping things fresh with a nod to the past. Of course, sometimes I do embrace my more  contemporary style but I just enjoy knowing that all these retro and vintage goodies are hiding in my wardrobe and that one day, I will definitely wear them again. 

So mix and match up your modern vintage looks and get inspired. Here's my latest modern vintage look incorporating a contemporary striped top from Topshop, a Day of The Dead print circle skirt from the vintage darlings  at Vivien Of Holloway, frilly ankle socks and some 90s inspired platform ankle boots from Primark, with the signature victory roll and head scarf updo in my mermaid blue hair. 




Thanks for catching up with No Debutante today. Please follow me on all social networking sites for daily updates and fashionista moments.

ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...