A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Thursday 18 April 2013

No Debutante - Jean Jeanie

I have been called out of work early today due to my son Lucian feeling unwell. I am still on the fence as to whether Lucian is actually poorly or felt like getting the day off school (it wouldn't be the first time) but the school are on it calling parents up at the whiff of any minor illness so Lucian was going home either way! As a parent I feel guilty for thinking these thoughts but I was a child too and had many a fake afternoon off school much to my Mums annoyance! As a good Mum I shall hope Lucian feels better soon! The positive side to this skive off work and school is that I get to do a bit of blogging leaving my evening free to watch a film and have a glass of wine with my gorgeous husband Phil.
 
This personal style post features double denim, layering, grunge,1950s styling and how I wear jeans.......in a general mash up of style it would seem!

 


Preppy 1950s styling
 
I have decided not to list the shops in which my items are purchased on every post but I will let you know when I get something new and where it came from. You are welcome to ask me though, I know my rainbow creeper boots post has been very helpful to all who also wanted to own those ridiculous shoes!
 
Styling by No Debutante
 
I have no clue whether you can still nominate me for the Best Personal Style Blog in the Company Style Blogger Awards 2013 as there is no info on the website to say when the deadline is so I'll just keep plugging it until 2014!
 
 
ND xx

2 comments:

  1. Which brand/maker are the jeans in the second outfit?

    The Fictionista
    {sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean.

    The jeans are from Vivien of Holloway follow this link http://www.vivienofholloway.com/en/category/1950s-jeans/
    I wear mine kinda baggy as I like them that way (and I'd just had a baby went i bought them online so couldnt try them on!), they are much more fitted on the model on the VOH website.
    I also got them cheaper as they were testing the product for fit before they launched them last year. The shape is definately much more of a 1950s vintage tapered cut compared to my other vintage cut jeans from Freddies of Pinewood which have a wider leg and are more 1940s land girl.

    Thanks for your interest in my blog and lovin your blog and Pinterest boards. Keep up the good work. ND xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...