A colourful fashion blog supporting independents & sustainable fashion in Bristol and beyond since 2011

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Brimful of Ashish SS 2013

It was actually sunny today and I didn't even need a coat and scarf for the first time in ages! It has been a cold winter here in the UK and I am very much a summer person, so nothing pleases me more than sunshine! The sunshine (and a recent shopping spree) has inspired me to post about the Ashish SS13 collection. Yeah! Yeah! I know we are currently supposed to be inspired by everything AW13 according to the recent Fashion Weeks but y'know me, I like to stick to the season I'm in and I always have soooo much to show you that I don't even have a moment for AW13! Sadly, I did plan to post about Ashish AW12 collection as it was also amazing but, alas, I ran out of time! Boo hoo!
 
I first spotted the Ashish SS13 collection back in October 2012, it was posted by one of the bloggers I follow www.alexloves.com and I fell in love with the collection whilst on the bus to work and pinned it onto Pinterest immediately, to remind me to post about the collection on my blog too!! As you can see (there's rather a lot on my Pinterest boards alone -see here http://pinterest.com/nodebutante/) it has taken a while to filter through!

The first thing that caught my eye was, of course, the dungarees followed by the amazing styling and a mass of structured and customised denim pieces that I need to own!!! I love the way the clothes are worn and are cut in an unconventional style making them fresh and a little multifunctional. I soon realised the dungarees were not dungarees at all but more of a denim boiler suit with one sleeve hanging around the back. This styling also really reminds me of the young fashion designer Heidi who appeared on Styled to Rock  ( a UK TV show where the fashion designer contestants compete for the prize to dress Rhianna with Henry Holland as a judge-what's not to like here? Can I also point out at this point that Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud was also a judge and every week seemed to wear an item from my Pinterest  Fashion board-which I felt rather smug about....ahem...) So Heidi, yes, I loved her styling so much, I'd buy her whole collection, let's say it was very street, new and unconventional, I love her and she didn't even win! Blasphemous!!

OK, back to Ashish, I am loving the 80s style rolled up tapered jeans ( I refuse to call them boyfriend jeans, I can't bear it!) in washed out denims or cut into asymmetric /two tone styles with sequined or sheer panels.I adore the layering and the styling is fantastic, let's take a moment to check out the topknot tied up with a scrunchy, Dierdre Barlow /national health glasses -y'know I love them - topped off with a lovely bit of ankle socks worn with white Reeboks!!!!! Love it! I am also loving the 90s inspired sequinned slip dress it looks great worn with the topknot and trainers (probably not on me, I'd agree but it's nice to see the return of the 1990s staple!) There are alot of tailored shirts and jackets in this collection and I am currently really obsessed with both - I even considered buying an iron the other day, which is unheard of!! The recent shopping spree that I mentioned earlier was clearly, although not intentionally, inspired by this collection, luckily the shopping spree took place at Primark (Primark Sunday a twice yearly event on my fashion calender) so I managed to pretty much buy all the elements I need to work this collection without the price tag. Basically, the elements needed (and found) where a sleeveless denim shirt, a denim shirt with sheer leopard print panelled sleeves, mix fabric denim and lace sleeveless shirt worn with my tapered jeans and the denim jacket I found hoarded (by me ) in my attic all oversized, of course!! Let the Ashish inspired styling commence.........
 
















This collection features so many of this seasons trends including white textures, monochrome, metallics, iridescents, textured black, pajama pants, slouchy styling, billowing blouses and oversized tailoring, and of course, my old favourite, a lot of denim!! It's much more wearable than you may think.
 
Thanks to Ashish, alexloves.com (for the images and the blog post), yahoo.com (for the images), Heidi from Styled To Rock and Primark  - I couldn't have done it without you!!!!
 
Hello Ashish, I love you, please please please send me your collection (or at least one piece?) ND xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...